Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: When I turn on my imac my password does not work and the only other option is type in recovery key but i dont have one and all the info i found to generate one is no good on manage your apple id the option does not exist

When i turn on my imac my password does not work and the only other option is type in recovery key I do not have one the info apple gives does not work.on applid.apple.com manage your apple id the option for generate recovery key does not exist and i am not using two part varifacation. I've tryed the things apple said and no help yet.can somebody please help me?

iMac

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 2:41 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

when I click on Terminal it brings up a window that has -bash-3.2# on it and no place to type resetpassword and this is the same problem I've been having thats all that will show when i select terminal. ihad this imac in storage for a while and its been several weeks now i've had it out of storage and i cant get on it

Apr 20, 2018 2:41 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 3:00 PM in response to tatman79096 In response to tatman79096

There is a prompt in that window. Type there. To be there you must be using the Terminal from the Recovery HD. That terminal uses bash for the command line processing. Lost your iCloud recovery key? Here's how to generate a new one!.

Apr 20, 2018 3:00 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 3:30 PM in response to tatman79096 In response to tatman79096

im sorry but the generate a new key is not on my apple id account. And i did type in resetpassword on terminal but the window that came up is for changing the password its all blank no user account info and cannot type on this window.when it hits me it really does it seems im sorry

Apr 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: tatman79096

Question: When I turn on my imac my password does not work and the only other option is type in recovery key but i dont have one and all the info i found to generate one is no good on manage your apple id the option does not exist