Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: change the resolution of preview app

I wanna ask you about Preview app for Mac.

As you see the red arrow in the picture, there is some space between a color page and a BW page on it. I wanna adjust the size so that all of the pages are the same size.

the resolution of a color page is 21 × 27.18 cm

the resolution of BW page is 16.83 × 23.68 cm

I wanna convert the resolution color page's to BW page's, but after doing it, the display is smashed.

How can I convert the resolution of a color page's to BW page's as the page is not smashed? Even if the page has white margin is ok.

MacBook, iOS 11.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 6:43 PM in response to SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO In response to SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO

SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO wrote:

As you see the red arrow in the picture, there is some space between a color page and a BW page on it. I wanna adjust the size so that all of the pages are the same size.

I see nothing.

What format is the "picture" in?

Apr 20, 2018 6:43 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 8:32 AM in response to SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO In response to SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO

You are not going to easily manage pdf resolution and white space.

If you want more control,

convert to some other format than PDF. ex. jpg, png

Then you can adjust resolution to suit your needs.

User uploaded file

Apr 21, 2018 8:32 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SHIMPEI-from-KYOTO

Question: change the resolution of preview app