Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send or receive AOL Mail

What are the correct imap settings including Authentication, server behaviors, etc. to use in the MAIL ap? I have an AOL email from a formerly Verizon account.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 10:15 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2018 7:13 AM in response to ShirleyRW

I'm also having this problem in my 2017 MBP 15" running High Sierra. The mail app will accept iCloud and work's Exchange mail, but not my Verizon.net/AOL. Placing the account username and passwords both in the Internet accounts in System preferences and in the mail app accounts and preferences give me an "unable to verify..." error. No place to put port settings, and when I initially tried to move data from my old 2009 MBP running Sierra, mail didn't work either. My IT folks here at work can't help. I tried the above to no avail. I'd like to use the mail app on this computer, but for now using either my iPhone or off the web.

Cannot send or receive AOL Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.