Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Done with Yahoo Mail

Hi. So, I’ve been using yahoo mail for a long , long time. I want to be done with using it , but I have thousands of emails there. Is there some simple ( because I’m simple ) way to import all those emails to iCloud , so I can then delete yahoo mail ? I’m really not conversant with IMAP, POP3, etc.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 9

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 9:45 AM

I'm not conversant with much to do with mail either, but if Gmail is an option that you might consider, the following has information on how to import to it: How to delete your Yahoo account and move to Gmail - CNET

12 replies

Apr 21, 2018 9:45 AM in response to pawpaw100

If you use an email client that will show your Yahoo mail account and your iCloud mail account together, like Outlook or macOS Mail, you can simply copy your Yahoo messages to your iCloud mail box.

They will be uploaded to your iCloud account. Subject to available iCloud storage space of course.

NOTE: if you do this, I suggest you copy only a small number of messages at a time. Maybe 25 or so.

Apr 21, 2018 9:49 AM in response to pawpaw100

If I can use iOS mail client to copy them from yahoo mail, that too would be good.

You may be able to, but why? The iOS client is very limited with its features compared to macOS Mail.

macOS Mail has a copy feature. Select from Yahoo, right click, COPY TO, select iCloud Inbox or any other folder you have on iCloud mail. The iOS client will not have that.

Apr 21, 2018 9:53 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks . I used that up long ago. I purchased the 200 gig plan , so if mail uses that same storage , I should be good to go. Last time I looked , I had about 100 Gigs Left . Course , my family is using that 200 Gigs also , so I’ll check to be sure I’ve plenty of space left .

Youve been very helpful.

Oh , I use gmail , like I said , but given all the info google already gets , not sure I want to add to it.

Done with Yahoo Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.