Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: ios 11 battery question

Hi, I am in a bind having to replace a damaged iPhone 6s as of last night, after it

was irreparably damaged (bent and logic board damaged). I can't recover anything

off of it, and have a backup 6s Plus on hand that i need to activate. The 6s Plus has

ios 11.2.2 on it. My 6s had 10-something and the battery life was quite good. I read

a lot of disturbing stuff about the iOs 11+ battery though..and even just powering it

on for a few minutes, the battery dropped 5 % or so with all the usual stuff turned off

like background refresh...reduce motion... (i play all those tricks ) - Haven't checked

out the 'health' of this particular battery but meantime, what are my options if i wanted

to A) get it back to 10.3.3 or 10.3 , (i suspect not) or otherwise can i expect better battery life if i

advance it to the latest version of ios 11? Or a "different" version of iOs 11 if that's doable?

Any advice majorly appreciated, Thank you very much!

Mike in Mich

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.3, Wanted to stay on 10.3....or 8 or 9

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 8:55 AM in response to MIKEinMICH In response to MIKEinMICH

A) Downgrade it is not possible.

As you might know, now batteries are replaced in Apple Stores paying only $29 + taxes, work included, in US (check the same thing in your country, if different).

So, on your 6s+, I would: have your battery replaced, then upgrade the device to the latest iOS 11.3.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 8:55 AM in response to MIKEinMICH In response to MIKEinMICH

A) Downgrade it is not possible.

As you might know, now batteries are replaced in Apple Stores paying only $29 + taxes, work included, in US (check the same thing in your country, if different).

So, on your 6s+, I would: have your battery replaced, then upgrade the device to the latest iOS 11.3.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

Apr 21, 2018 8:55 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2018 8:58 AM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

Ah, I forgot about the $29 battery deal. Was going to do that - presumably it is ok

though to just activate my replacement 6s Plus and get the battery replaced at a later

date this year... If I can ask a follow-up which is not battery related... it has been awhile

since I've had to do a new-phone activation. As I say, my 6s was damaged beyond repair

but possibly there was a fairly recent backup to ICloud. I assume that data that was on

the phone can be recovered/downloaded to a desktop or other i-Device, yes?

Thanks! Sorry i'm just not that fluent in iCloud ...it's just sort of "there" but I don't really

actively "use" it...: )

Apr 21, 2018 8:58 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MIKEinMICH

Question: ios 11 battery question