Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running High Sierra and DVD player won't work!

Hi,

I'm running high sierra on my MacBook pro and the dvd player won't work. Every time that I put in a dvd it appears to try and read it and then kicks it back out. Any recommendations on how I can fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Art

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.1.1, High Sierra 10.13.4

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 8:37 AM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 11:22 PM in response to greenpep

It could be dust on the lens. Wrap a soft, clean cloth around a flat plastic card -- make sure it's not too thick -- and push it gently in and out of the slot on the left-hand side a couple of times. Be careful not to get the cloth stuck.

You might also try resetting SMC How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support and NVRAM. How to reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Running High Sierra and DVD player won't work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.