Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Player Doesn't Play on Macbook Air, M1 Chip v. Big Sur 11.8

My DVD Player doesn't automatically start playing my DVD movie when inserting the disc into my Model 1379 Super Drive nor am I able to operate the DVD Player controls or see the Menu or Title. The disc shows up on my desk top with the correct title of the movie. Why am I not able to play this movie and what can I do to correct the problem

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 10:08 AM

Apple tech is always the last people that recognize an issue. Here is the link for the player. Once installed, Open VLC window and drag the DVD movie from your desktop to the VLC pane to play.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 27, 2021 8:20 AM in response to tbirdvet

Could you be more specific on identifying the free app VLC? When I search at the App Store and search on VLC, I come up with a number of video players, but not anything with VLC in the name. I called Apple Care and she spent over an hour with me and tried Quick Time Player among any number of other things. She finally consulted with a more senior adviser and then suggested there was something wrong with my DVD, although it was showing up on my desktop with the title of the movie. I didn't have another one on hand to try, so I couldn't verify the DVD was the problem. She never asked me what version of Mac OS that I had installed. Maybe she was just starting out as a support person.

DVD Player Doesn't Play on Macbook Air, M1 Chip v. Big Sur 11.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.