Question: iPad Pro 9.7 stops charging randomly
iPad Pro 9.7, version 11.3, IOS 11.3, 128gb.
iPad ends charging cycle after 45-60 minutes of charging. Problem continues until manually unplugging and replugging in USB cable. The charging graphic stops when it stops charging.
1. Swapped the cord out for 5 others I had, as well as used one brand new from apple.
2. Unplugged USB from iPad, from power supply, from wall and re-plugged all yielded same result of iPad began charge cycle again.
3. Wiggled the plug while charging and when issue occurs, nothing changes unless its fully unplugged and re-plugged.
4. Charging off of 12W @ 2.4a supply, off of the "cube" with 1a output, off of my MacBook pro mid 2012 @ 0.5a.
4. Cleaning inside charging port.
5. Using iPad or having all apps killed and turned off, yield same results.
6. I initially thought logitech keyboard had an impact, while it seems this problem occurs more often when it is attached, i can't confirm this.
~7300mAh battery charging at 12W 2.4A @ 80% (assumed 80%) efficiency yields 3.8 hour charge time. so cutout every 20% or so, about every 45 minutes the iPad decides to stop charging.
This is a frustrating issue as if i plug my iPad in before bed, i wake up with an iPad at 18% still plugged in to the wall.
Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? I imagine it is a software issue, hardware issue within the PS or iPad, or defect in my product.
iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3