Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is there any way to stop iOS High Sierra 10.13.3 from nagging about updates

The method of right clicking in white space next to the update and selecting hide does not work anymore. Is there a way to make os 10.13.3 stop asking about specific updates I dont want?

iMac, OS X Server, Sierra 10.13.3/Server

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 21, 2018 9:52 PM in response to babowa In response to babowa

Babowa, I am referring to any update. It shouldnt matter which.

In the past you could right click the offending update and select “hide”, then it would stop asking you to update that partiicular app or os update. That no longer works.

Apr 21, 2018 9:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 10:49 PM in response to FarNorth_1 In response to FarNorth_1

You wrote - The method of right clicking in white space next to the update and selecting hide does not work anymore.

Apple engineers have answers for it why they don't work as changes might have done , we all are routine Mac users like yourself .You can send a feedback a link for it Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 21, 2018 10:49 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 10:56 PM in response to FarNorth_1 In response to FarNorth_1

You won't be able to change it; I asked about what update because you can stop full OS upgrades by simply downloading it (no need to install) - as long as the app store background process "sees" that you have it downloaded on the internal or external (if plugged in), it will no longer prompt you. That does not work with incremental updates though.

Apr 21, 2018 10:56 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: FarNorth_1

Question: Is there any way to stop iOS High Sierra 10.13.3 from nagging about updates