Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID verification

I have to verify my account,to do I have to input my credit card info which in non existent and I don’t have a credit card,if I don’t do so my account will be disabled in 24 hours which I don’t want

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 6:36 AM

It looks like a scam,I received it by email yet the link for verification takes me to the Apple website (this one of course) but the email ends with @cort

I have checked to sign in my account and it told me I was locked out it looks like a scam but doesn’t feel like it,usually I can deferintiate between scams and legitimate emails thoughUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2018 6:36 AM in response to Eric Root

It looks like a scam,I received it by email yet the link for verification takes me to the Apple website (this one of course) but the email ends with @cort

I have checked to sign in my account and it told me I was locked out it looks like a scam but doesn’t feel like it,usually I can deferintiate between scams and legitimate emails thoughUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

Apr 21, 2018 5:23 PM in response to carkings

Where are you seeing this message? Is this an e-mail you received? If so, are you sure the message is legitimate? Does it contain a link for you to sign in somewhere? It may be a scam.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

To be safe, if you have any questions about your account status, before doing anything, contact iTunes Support.

Scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Apr 22, 2018 6:23 AM in response to carkings

That is a scam. Wrong return e-mail address and it doesn't address you by the name Apple has on file for you. Apple will not send you an e-mail telling you your ID is locked or disabled. If you signed in, change your password.

Apple ID Password Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.