Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Logic Pro X Piano Roll link mode problems

I'm having the most insanely frustrating problems with link mode in Logic Pro X. Most of the time, when I first try to side-scroll after opening the Piano Roll Editor, it jumps to some ridiculous location, with none of the relevant MIDI data I'm trying to work on... Sometimes it leaps to a location where there isn't even a region!

I've tried both with and without link mode enabled, and it will behave correctly once, but then reverts back to its idiotic ways the next time I open the editor. Does anyone know of an actual fix for this? (Read: Yes, I've read other threads that mention "finding" the link button, or toggling it on/off.)

This been a problem on my system for a long time, but lately it's become completely infuriating... So any remedy would be deeply appreciated.

Logic Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 10:05 AM in response to wheetabix In response to wheetabix

This really has to be a bug. I've tried with/without "Catch Content by Position..." as well, but no matter what I do, newly opened Piano Roll views will locate to some bizarre position as soon as I scroll. If I then toggle Catch off/on, scrolling works correctly again. (This is the same regardless of whether Catch is on or off, btw.)

One sort of crappy "solution" is to just keep a piano roll open in another space. As long as I don't close it, it seems to behave correctly.

Does anybody know whether there's any sense in re-installing?

Apr 22, 2018 10:05 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: wheetabix

Question: Logic Pro X Piano Roll link mode problems