Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t activate my iPhone 6plus. Please help.

I had acquired a second hand iPhone 6 plus. But when I tried to activate it it said to activate it with previous owners Apple ID. But they had dorgotten the password. And now when we tried to recover the pass they said the account is blocked. How can I activate the iPhone??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 10:58 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2018 11:32 AM in response to salee_m

Hey salee_m,

I can see from your post that you're looking to activate an iPhone that has an activation lock from the previous owner. I can certainly understand wanting to get this lock removed so you can get this device activated, and I have some information that can help. It sounds like the previous owner's Apple ID is disabled. For security reasons, this previous owner will need to regain access to their Apple ID and remove this iPhone 6 Plus from their account before you can activate and use it. The resources below can help with this.

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Ask the previous owner for help

If the device is linked to a previous owner's account and they're close by, ask them to enter their Apple ID and password on the Activation Lock screen and remove the device from their account.

If you see the passcode screen and the device isn't erased, ask the previous owner to unlock the device and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. They'll need to enter their Apple ID and password.

If the previous owner isn't with you

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Cheers.

Can’t activate my iPhone 6plus. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.