Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Didn’t drop my MacBook Pro but screen flashing and replicating

After the most recent OS update, my Mac appeared with a line on the bottom of the screen near the app bar. Over the past week the bottom has started to now replicate the top of the screen and now is flashing green and purple. When on chat with apple they had me run safe mode, they had me reset my SMC and RVRAM and it only started flashing more frequently. just in time for finals week 🙂 and my Macbook pro is from June 2015

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 12:45 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2018 12:52 PM in response to kcalvert15

Either this is a problem you interjected that affects macOS or the computer needs repair. For the latter make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. For the former:

Install El Capitan or Later from Scratch

If possible backup your files. The following will erase everything.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
  3. When Disk Utility loads select the volume (indented entry, usually Macintosh HD) from the Device list.
  4. Click on the Erase icon in Disk Utility's main window. A panel will drop down.
  5. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
  6. Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
  7. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  8. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

This will install the version of OS X you had installed.

Didn’t drop my MacBook Pro but screen flashing and replicating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.