Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: desktop icons disappeared

I realize there are already a lot of threads about this, but all of my icons disappeared and I honestly don't understand some of the answers... I tried un-selecting desktop folders as many suggested and all that did was remove the few I had later manually added back on so i re-selected desktop folders. How do the files disappear from the entire computer without me deleting them? I feel like I've lost hundreds of photos because I had facebook photos saved on my desktop in a folder (I have deleted facebook) The photos are not in my iCloud for some reason either even though I have everything selected to backup there and pay for 50G storage so I know I'm not full.

I'm irritated with myself because I know part of the problem is I'm still adjusting to Mac from windows...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: gmahoney1979

Question: desktop icons disappeared