Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound on ONE Facebook video. Works on iPad.

OK, this is a weird one. I shared a video that came up in my Facebook newsfeed while I was on my iPad. Today, my dad was in Facebook in Safari on his Mac and when the video begins it has sound, then it mutes after a few seconds. I have tried and tried to get it to play, checked the sound settings in the System Prefs, in Safari, and on Facebook. Nothing works. Every other video I try works fine.

So I went back to the iPad and ran the video. Worked fine. Tried it on my Mac in Safari. No sound. This is really driving me batty. Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13), 250GB SSD + 1 TB HD = Fusion Drive

Posted on Apr 22, 2018 1:32 PM

13 replies

Apr 23, 2018 7:00 AM in response to KonKrypton

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Jul 26, 2018 3:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Apparently, by unchecking the HD video quality option, will get the sound back. Only a problem i Safari, it works in all quality mods i Chrome.

But why is it not possible to watch at video i HD with sound (Safari), is what I would like to know?

Maybe some kind of adblocker? But I have not been abel to locate an adblocker on my system.

Do you have any idea what causes this, if not an adblocker or how to locate an hidden one?

I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards, Claus. :-)

Jul 26, 2018 3:51 AM in response to Eric Root

Apparently, by unchecking the HD video quality option, will get the sound back. Only a problem i Safari, it works in all quality mods i Chrome.

But why is it not possible to watch at video i HD with sound (Safari), is what I would like to know?

Maybe some kind of adblocker? But I have not been abel to locate an adblocker on my system.

Do you have any idea what causes this, if not an adblocker or how to locate an hidden one?

I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards, Claus. :-)

Jul 26, 2018 6:20 AM in response to ClausDenmark

It may not help, but try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

No Sound on ONE Facebook video. Works on iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.