Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Importing from video camera to FCPX problem

When I am Importing from video camera to FCPX clips are short, .5 second or shorter (over 1400) for one movie import. I didn't think much about it until I tried to make my edited movie and it stuttered and skipped alsoaudio was out of sink, am I importing with wrong settings?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

IMAC

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

The data stream is being lost in the connectors I’m fairly sure. If the timecode doesn’t pass through properly capture often fails. You might have to acquire cabling that simplifies the connection or another computer that you can use to capture the tape.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 8:53 PM in response to jgatto In response to jgatto

The application can’t capture from the tape properly. There’s either a recording or playback problem that prevents the application from reading the timecode correctly. You might try capturing using the QuickTime player.

Apr 22, 2018 8:53 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 9:38 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

I tried iMovie same issue! I have done this before with the same camera with no issue only thing that changed I I now own a iMac Pro (one step forward 2 back I guess) I have no idea how to import movies with QuickTime any information 'HOW TO" would be appreciated

Apr 22, 2018 9:38 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Apr 22, 2018 10:11 PM in response to jgatto In response to jgatto

The data stream is being lost in the connectors I’m fairly sure. If the timecode doesn’t pass through properly capture often fails. You might have to acquire cabling that simplifies the connection or another computer that you can use to capture the tape.

Apr 22, 2018 10:11 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 23, 2018 7:45 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Tom I want to thank you for your help the good news, I dug up a old lMac pro with a Firewire connection and it worked great (so much for adapters and dongles ) the bad news I have 3 months of uploaded video to redo. but you saved my home movie memories!

Apr 23, 2018 7:45 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jgatto

Question: Importing from video camera to FCPX problem