Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fsroot tree invalid - Invalid dstream etc..

Hi,

I have a late 2016 MacBook Pro, and had an issue some time back with a file not being accessible. Track it down to some sort of issue, possible bad sector on the SSD, so decided not to do anything and leave that file as it is because I couldn't find any sort of tool that would flag that sector as bad on an APFS partition, and I didn't want to delete the file which would have put the sector back in use..

Logic worked fine, but today I started up Mac mail and it has lost all my providers and just keeps asking me to login to iCloud mail service as I setup the provider and just loops around...

Maybe not related but figure I would check the disk again, and rebooted into recovery mode, mounted the APFS volume and ran first aid on it..

I get the following

Error: Invalid dstream size (some numbers) is greater than dsteam.allocated_size(different numbers).

Error: xf: INO_EXT_TYPE_DSTREAM : Invalid dstream

error: inode_val: object (tid 0x2003d78c4) invalid xfields

fsroot is invalid

the volume /dev/rdisk2s1 could not be verified completely

File system check exit code is 0

Is this more likely to be a problem with the SSD itself or something at a software level that a quick reformat/restore might fix ?

Thanks..

MacBook

Posted on Apr 23, 2018 8:32 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

fsroot tree invalid - Invalid dstream etc..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.