Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPod 6th Gen, Sync Greyed out.

Why is it that its so complicated to just PUT MUSIC onto A MUSIC PLAYER?

..anyway..

Here is what I have done so far.

I installed iTunes.. Yes From apple.com/itunes/

I setup my account on my iPod and my computer.

Updated my iPod to the current version.

Authorized my account on both my iPod and my Computer.

Trusted my computer with my iPod.

Sync greyed out still.

Unhooked my iPod from my computer SEVERAL times during this in different usb ports.

Shut off my computer, my ipod.

Tried a hard reset of the iPod.

Created a backup of the empty iPod.

Restored the backup.

Ran a sync test "Everything was fine"

Attempted to do a home share, this was successful.

I can stream music to and from my iPod.

I CANT PUT ANY MUSIC OR ANYTHING ELSE ON IT THOUGH.. WHY!?!!??!

I have spent a few hours pouring over forums looking for answers with all the same answers.

Its an authentication issue.

I have unauthorized and re-authorized my account through iTunes on this computer.

I have untrusted and re-trusted my computer.

YES i Restarted everything, EVERYTHING.

I am probably the most annoyed person ever at a tiny box with lights in it right now.

Posted on Apr 24, 2018 12:13 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 24, 2018 12:31 AM in response to Neverdweller

Here is an idea. Let us Drag and drop files, or heck

Even individually select files in iTunes with a right click and allow us to sync an album, a picture, a song, a movie with just a click to a selected device.

Million dollar idea right there wonder why noone thought of it before.

I only bought this because my other player bricked and I didn't think it was going to be the biggest hassle on the planet.

At least I can take selfies of how disappointed I am with ease and get them off iCloud to share with you.

User uploaded file

Apr 24, 2018 3:21 AM in response to Neverdweller

Yep.. Still greyed out.

And after looking around for ways to do it you CAN do individual files. it is just also a pain. You have to go to "song" and Check selection when you already selected or are playing a song, you can also make sure you have view set to "all music" and then go over to "Edit" and THEN select "Select all" and in song there is an option to "add to device"

Plus selecting songs is not very clear what is selected.

you can only tell if you click the album and the song titles will appear in bold if selected or "checked" as it refers to them both as selected and checked making that also confusing I am sure.

However this is ALSO greyed out.

This authenticate stuff would be great if it actually worked properly.

It's probably because I am using windows 10 and apple hates my guts.

I just want to play music on my music player 😟

Apr 24, 2018 4:02 AM in response to Neverdweller

Alright. So for some reason, it ungreyed suddenly and let me sync ONE ALBUM.

there is plenty of room on there for more.. its 32gb. (8gb in apps used)

Okay. I finally was able to put music on it somehow it just decided to let me do it.

I didn't turn it off or anything all I did was click around in views and on my library and "for you" and "Browse" and went back to library.

Sync is STILL greyed out.

However...

Going in to view media kind music then selecting the library tab at the top middle THEN selecting songs on the left hand side under library from THAT view you CAN right click individual songs and add to device or select all and add to device and for SOME reason it lets me now from THAT view.

Viewing it where it has the album pictures does NOT allow me to sync anything unless i click the album and then again go to edit select all repeat the process for every album (would take centuries)

And apparently the music I added with select all is "there" but says not found.

Because that caused my iTunes to crash.

On my second attempt it actually seems to have worked I am at 3 of 2832 songs. and it claims to be updating files but it seems to have stopped again once it hit 3.

On attempting to Eject the iPod since it became stuck it now says syncing ipod.

what is this madness?

Now every time it will just stop on 2 or 3 so I am actually going to have to add each album individually.

I am so annoyed right now and I think that was the intent when they designed this.

new iPod 6th Gen, Sync Greyed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.