Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apple ID Settings on iOS 11.3

After upgrading my ipad to iOS 11.3, I have not been able to Update my Apple ID settings. Each time i enter my password I get "verification Failed, An unknown error occurred".

Also I can't access the new iCloud Terms and Conditions. I turned off my ipad and switched on again, still issue persist.

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.0.3, null

Posted on Apr 24, 2018 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 7:55 AM

Hello Nnena's,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to update your Apple ID settings in the Settings app on your iPad, as you get an error message of "verification Failed, An unknown error occurred". If you haven't already, please force close the Settings app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then test your issue again, and also test your issue on a different Wi-Fi network if you can. If you're still having this issue, please go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the Reset Network Settings option and test your issue again.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Reset iPhone settings - iPhone User Guide

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2018 7:55 AM in response to Nnena's

Hello Nnena's,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to update your Apple ID settings in the Settings app on your iPad, as you get an error message of "verification Failed, An unknown error occurred". If you haven't already, please force close the Settings app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then test your issue again, and also test your issue on a different Wi-Fi network if you can. If you're still having this issue, please go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the Reset Network Settings option and test your issue again.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Reset iPhone settings - iPhone User Guide

Cheers!

Updating Apple ID Settings on iOS 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.