Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked black logo bar on the bottom of the screen

I closed the laptop and something got caught under and it cracked the logo baffle or the black bar where it says MacBook Pro. Is this easily fixed by apple or would they charge you to replace the entire screen?User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2018 8:50 AM

XxKMLTxX wrote:

I closed the laptop and something got caught under and it cracked the logo baffle or the black bar where it says MacBook Pro. Is this easily fixed by apple or would they charge you to replace the entire screen?

Well maybe or maybe not something got caught. You don't say what exact Mac this is put appears to be 2016/2017 touch screen.

Don't feel alone. I have seen a plethora of reports; I would read this discussion closely, before you present your case:

Cracked screen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

AppleCare+ does cover accidental damage: AppleCare+ - Mac - Apple

"AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage..."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2018 8:50 AM in response to XxKMLTxX

XxKMLTxX wrote:

I closed the laptop and something got caught under and it cracked the logo baffle or the black bar where it says MacBook Pro. Is this easily fixed by apple or would they charge you to replace the entire screen?

Well maybe or maybe not something got caught. You don't say what exact Mac this is put appears to be 2016/2017 touch screen.

Don't feel alone. I have seen a plethora of reports; I would read this discussion closely, before you present your case:

Cracked screen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

AppleCare+ does cover accidental damage: AppleCare+ - Mac - Apple

"AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage..."

Apr 25, 2018 8:27 AM in response to XxKMLTxX

On 2016 and 2017 models that is one continuous piece of glass.

Apple considers the entire screen (including the aluminum top cover) the Field-replaceable unit, and it is quite expensive.

Apple does not believe that glass that was once in one piece spontaneously cracks or shatters, so save your breath trying to make that argument.

If it were mine, I would put some crazy glue on it and hope that is does not spread.

Cracked black logo bar on the bottom of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.