Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No wifi after Update of IOS 11.3.1.

I'm new here so please bear with me. I have an IPhone 7 and update it to IOS 11.3.1 two days ago and have not been able to use the wifi, I receive a good signal from my router and every other wifi device works normally. I also updated an IPhone 6 at the same time and it's wifi works normally. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any fixes that I might be able to do myself?

Thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2018 7:08 PM

23 replies

Apr 27, 2018 4:28 PM in response to nightfr8

Hello nightfr8,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been unable to connect with Wi-Fi after recently updating your iPhone 7. I can imagine this being a bit confusing since other devices connect as expected. I'm happy to help.

The steps in the link below can help with this issue:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

Let us know the results.

Have a fantastic day!

May 11, 2018 5:42 AM in response to melmcg2018

i have an X and have noticed intermittent wifi connectivity on my phone since updating to 11.3.1.

this echos some memories from my iphone 6 in the past where it was doing the same thing.

have done a network settings reset, restarting the device, restarting my mbp as well (to get itunes to find the phone for wifi sync).

no progress ..... i'd say that something is broken in this update or there is faulty hardware somewhere.

my wifi network has been double and triple checked each time this happens. all other devices except the phone are constantly connected and functional, have no issues on router and internet side.

May 14, 2018 6:47 AM in response to nightfr8

Same here, after updating to iOS 11.3.1 on my iPhone 8 Plus the WiFi is extremely slow if working at all... This wasn't the case before the update. There's a bug somewhere. I'm now trying to install the 11.4 beta but since downloading through WiFi isn't working properly this is a pain. I'm lucky to have iTunes so I could install the previous version but what about people that rely on updates over-the-air??

May 15, 2018 11:57 AM in response to nightfr8

Yo tambien he tenido inconvenientes con la señal wifi de mi Iphone 6, una vez realice la actualizacion 11.3.1 estando a 4 o 5 metros del router se desconecta y al tratar de reconectar con el router solicita nuevamente la contraseña al ingresarl me sale el mensaje de contraseña de red invalida o incorrecta, me acabe mi plan de datos moviles por que no me conecta wifi y si lo hace se desconecta muy a menudo

May 23, 2018 7:44 AM in response to nightfr8

I believe this is a fairly common issue. I’ve visited the apple Genius Bar on this and I was told that very likely there is a clash with the IOS and some apps. The recommendation I received was to rebuild the iPhone profile from scratch.

My wife experienced fthe same problem when she was using her iPhone 6s but this persists even after she replaced her old phone with an iPhone 8plus. I hope apple will have an iOS update patch on this shortly.

May 24, 2018 3:52 PM in response to nightfr8

I have the same issue! I have my macbook and iMac connected but none of my iPhone 8's will connect. I hate the standard reply from Apple saying to follow the link if you have connection issues. I have tried every single suggestion they have made but still doesn't work. Apple needs update or state that it is an update issue.

Jul 1, 2018 8:16 AM in response to nightfr8

My husband was very unlucky with his Iphone 6. I helped him out with all the replacements, etc. and this is what happened with his phone:

I had to update through Itunes to 11.4 (cable wasn't allowing for update (would give error 4013) so had to change cable and it allowed for update). After changing 4 iphones 6 and hours with Apple Care customer service (no kidding more than 7-8 hours in total) and wasted time going to Apple store to change phones, with no solution & with recurrent problem on all the iphone 6 replacements. We just got his 4th replacement this morning and still didn't connect to home wifi. Actually, could not even see the available networks at home when setting it up as a new phone. After 1h40 with Senior advisor, said advisor told me to bring it in again (to get a 5th replacement). All software was the latest (11.4) had to restore & update via ITunes because the brand new replacement phone actually froze & could not connect to wifi to do the update.

After the update and restore finished, I set it up as a new phone, but it still it would not see any networks. Nada!!! So, I then decided to load onto the iphone the previous back-up we had on my computer through Itunes (NOT ICLOUD) to at least see if my husband could have a functioning phone until next replacement even if wifi would not work (replacement was scheduled for two days later & he needed some type of communication with the external world), since the cell was anyway useless and non-functioning.

After the phone finished the back-up, had to switch it off and on again. When prompted, I REFUSED TO GET INTO HIS ICLOUD (i.e. refused to put in the ICloud password on the iphone, I just hit cancel) and didn't give Apple ID password either (''cancelled'' these steps).

Then a miracle happened... I went to Settings & Wifi and surprise: all available networks were there!!! I connected to home wifi no problem whatsoever. I switched OFF ICloud back-up from my husband's Settings, and now wifi if full & strong.

I have an Iphone 6 Plus and never had any problems with my phone, only my husband had problems with his... then I realized that since I hate ICloud with a passion, I had never entered my password on the phone for ICloud and had the back-up switched off on my settings... so I may be onto something here??

Apple owes me BIG TIME if this trick will indeed work for others!!! (not just for all the hours wasted, frustrations, no solutions, missed gig on my hubby's side and big payments of excess GB consumption due to wifi suddenly switching off and going onto our providers' monthly allotted GB, but also for actually finding a solution to this problem which seems to be quite common!!)

Let me know if it works.

Cheers!!

Jul 3, 2018 11:55 AM in response to nightfr8

I also have ****** Wifi with my Iphone SE after the 11.4 update! It worked fine before that and I never had trouble with this before.

My home-wifi works on my Mac, on my laptop and AppleTV. Wifi at work also fucntions fine. But my home-wifi on my SE sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. So it's not my router, but my phone...

Have done the hard reset, reset the network settings.... The whole lot on the Help-pages. Nothing works!

I am out of options and it is costing me money because I am using my mobile data much more! Help Apple!

Jul 3, 2018 12:08 PM in response to Moniek1

Did you try like I did to refuse to sign-in to ICloud? It was the only thing we did that actually finally made the phone work. We set up the phone as new, then backed-up from computer (since no wifi to back-up from could), once done that, phone promted to sign into icloud, we didn't... keeps asking every now and then and we refuse, and switched off the icloud back-up... suddently it saw all of the wifis in the area and (touch wood) we have not had a problem since. Try it.

Jul 18, 2018 9:53 AM in response to nightfr8

I spoke too soon. Cell lasted well functioning 3-4 days. Now has again the same dam problem, no wifi connection, doesn't see other wifis and also the option to switch on the wifi is grayed out. I'm done paying for the extra GB from my phone company. I'm totally ****** at Apple and their lack of fixing the problem or actually giving me a device which works!!! It's over 6 months with this prob, paid extra GBs monthly, husband lost gig coz of failure of network connection. We're not talking about paying the phone $50... it's hundreds of dollars having paid for something THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! They also refuse to give a device that works or upgrade.. so is it better that they pay everything we have lost due to THEIR faulty devices? They KNOW they have probs with their Iphone 6 yet they keep giving it until the apple care is over and then tough luck. NOT HAPPY!!!!

Aug 11, 2018 8:33 PM in response to nightfr8

I'm having issues, too. After updating to 11.4.1 my wifi calling doesn't work. I tried all of the online solutions except tanking my phone and starting over, to no avail. I really miss wifi calling. It not only saves me money but I can move about the house and not get disconnected. It really stinks but I understand this happens a lot after updates.

Aug 25, 2018 2:30 AM in response to nightfr8

I also have the same issue since the update on my SE and my sons iphone 6. My wife has not done the update and hers keeps the connection. I have even had a replacement phone from apple but still the same issue. It works on other wifi ok just not mines. But all other devices work fine. Just not tthe 2 iphones that have had the update. Will a new update fix it?

No wifi after Update of IOS 11.3.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.