Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X scratch

I had this iPhone X replacement for three weeks now.

I was uninstalled the glass the phone shop guy installed since it was hazy.

When I removed the glass there a tiny scratch on the edge Not sure if it showed up when I was using the cleaning pads That came with my anker

The temper glass I installed covered a little of it not all of it here pic.

Will the phone iPhone upgrade program charge for this when I return in September ?

Can apple change the screen for me for free since I suppose this a manufacturer issue if they can’t I will leave it be ?

User uploaded file

iPad Pro, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2018 7:08 AM

Apple states in the warranty that the do not do replacements for cosmetic damage. Given your description of what has taken place, you would probably also have trouble making a case that the phone came to you already scratched.

Only Apple can make the determination, at the time you go to trade the phone it, if it is damaged or just shows signs of normal wear and tear.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2018 7:08 AM in response to alexrat1996

Apple states in the warranty that the do not do replacements for cosmetic damage. Given your description of what has taken place, you would probably also have trouble making a case that the phone came to you already scratched.

Only Apple can make the determination, at the time you go to trade the phone it, if it is damaged or just shows signs of normal wear and tear.

iPhone X scratch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.