Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Ringtone and Text tone for Groups

So, here we are in 2018, with iOS 11.3 on our phones, and I think, ringtones and text tones are a daily part of our use of iPhones.

Has anyone figured out how to assign a ringtone/ text tone to one of your Groups?

Apple has given us the ability to "group" contacts, using only the iCloud web browser, by the way, so we diligently try to organize our hundreds or thousands of contacts. So why can't we set "group ringtones" and "group text tones?"

I'm really surprised that, of the thousands of Apple employees there are, no one has championed that obvious feature.

iPhone X, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2018 12:21 PM

Hmmm, I thought I did ask a question to see if anyone knew how to do it. I guess I shouldn't have expressed my disappointment that I couldn't figure out how to do it myself.

I did also leave some feedback to Apple's iPhone Development Team, assuming there was still no answer to my question.

3 replies

Set Ringtone and Text tone for Groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.