Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 iwatch wont pair with iPhone 5S

I bought an iwatch series 3 last year. It paired with my iPhone 5S no probs. I accidentally smashed the watch and got a new one last month. Now the new one wont pair with my 5S. Some posts say you can pair with a 5S, as I did, but others say I need at least a 6.

What has changed please and how do i pair with the 5S?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 12:07 PM

There are two versions of the Series 3 watch - one with GPS service only, and one with GPS + Cellular.

The GPS-only watch will pair with an iPhone 5s, but the GPS+Cellular watch requires an iPhone 6 or later.

Did you replace your watch with a GPS+Cellular version? If so, that's likely to be your problem.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2018 12:07 PM in response to adrianiwatch

There are two versions of the Series 3 watch - one with GPS service only, and one with GPS + Cellular.

The GPS-only watch will pair with an iPhone 5s, but the GPS+Cellular watch requires an iPhone 6 or later.

Did you replace your watch with a GPS+Cellular version? If so, that's likely to be your problem.

Series 3 iwatch wont pair with iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.