Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Charging Symbol doesn’t show up percentage

Hi guys , i’m having this small bugs on my iPhone X. Usually when an iPhone plugged in into a charger, it usually vibrate and shows a battery percentage and a green battery symbol. But in this case mine doesn’t User uploaded file

(this is what i meant by that).

I already try hard reset, soft reset, turn it on and off .... you name it. At first it was normal after reset but hours after reset the same problems came back.... it didn’t show when it plugged in

do you guys having any similar experience?

Posted on Apr 30, 2018 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Hi chris_g1 , thx for the help.

As a matter fact , it is charging .... and i don’t see any problem with charging. Only this small bugs when i plugged my phone into a power source, it doesn’t show.....User uploaded file

.....this pop up notification.... i already backed it up into iTunes , restart it , turn it on and off. It solves only couple minutes , and then this bug came out again if i want to charge my iPhone again (after hours of iPhone usage).

Do you see any other solution ?

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2018 12:30 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris_g1 , thx for the help.

As a matter fact , it is charging .... and i don’t see any problem with charging. Only this small bugs when i plugged my phone into a power source, it doesn’t show.....User uploaded file

.....this pop up notification.... i already backed it up into iTunes , restart it , turn it on and off. It solves only couple minutes , and then this bug came out again if i want to charge my iPhone again (after hours of iPhone usage).

Do you see any other solution ?

May 1, 2018 12:29 PM in response to armannnnn

Hey armannnnn,

It sounds like your iPhone X is having some trouble because sometimes it doesn't show when it's plugged in to charge. I'll be happy to help look into this.

Even though the battery doesn't show it's charging, does it still seem to charge? Also, you mentioned that you reset and the issue was resolved, but then it came back. Can you explain what you mean by resetting the device? Did you restore it using iTunes or just power it off and then back on?

Also, take a look at these steps, and let us know if the issue is resolved. Specifically, try a different charging method to see if the same issue happens: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Let us know how those steps work for you. Take care.

May 2, 2018 6:23 AM in response to armannnnn

Good morning armannnnn!

Thanks for following up with us. That's definitely odd that it charges without an issue but the interface for the battery percentage isn't appearing. I wanted to be sure that I understand properly; you have tried charging with a wired connection and you are still not able to see the battery percentage interface when charging with this wired connection? Is that right?

Also, please be sure that the iPhone X has been backed up recently, How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch . Then I'd like for you to reinstall iOS. The following article was created for a different issue, but the steps are the same to help reinstall iOS. Please make sure on step 4 that you select "Update", If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us updated! Cheers.

May 3, 2018 11:33 AM in response to armannnnn

Okay, I was checking since the photos you were posting was for a wireless charger. I just checked my iPhone X and when I plugged it into the charger when locked, I saw the battery percentage. If you look at the battery icon when you wake the phone, does it show a lightning bolt as it is charging? I'm guessing that you have ensured that the battery percentage switch is turned on? Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

May 3, 2018 11:56 AM in response to armannnnn

It should only appear when it is initially plugged in, not afterwards. If you wake the lock screen only, the charge status should appear under the date, but not with the battery icon symbol you see in the photos above. That should only be when you first plug it in. There is no other setting on the phone for that. If you have restored the phone to factory and set it up as new, without the backup, and tested it and it is not showing that, then you have the option to have the device examined by Apple.

iPhone X Charging Symbol doesn’t show up percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.