Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot locate purchased music!

I purchased several songs a couple days ago. Today I went to listen to the music and the songs are gone. I researched the issue and went to iTunes, signed in to my account. I un-hid purchases and still... my music is missing. When I go into iTunes there is no “play” next to the music I once purchased...th3 1.29 is next to it. Since I unhid my purchases what else can I do to try to retrieve my music? You can see in the last 90 days my purchases but cannot find the music in my music app. Please help!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on May 1, 2018 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2018 7:20 AM

I could see the songs under my purchases.

Do you mean that they show in the account's purchase history ? If you do that doesn't mean that they are still available in the store for redownloading, items can be removed from the store, they won't be removed from your purchase history.

If you sure that what you bought are still in the store, and if you've unhidden everything and they aren't showing for re-downloading (Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support), contact iTunes Support and see if they can confirm if they are still in the store and if they are whether they can help you re-download them.

Or, and if you no longer have copies of them on your computer or on an iOS device or iPod, copy them back from your backup of your downloads/computer.

When I go into iTunes there is no “play” next to the music

For purchases that are still in the store they will only show 'play' if they are downloaded onto the device/computer. If they aren't downloaded, and if they aren't hidden, you would see 'Purchased' instead.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2018 7:20 AM in response to crystalfrominverness

I could see the songs under my purchases.

Do you mean that they show in the account's purchase history ? If you do that doesn't mean that they are still available in the store for redownloading, items can be removed from the store, they won't be removed from your purchase history.

If you sure that what you bought are still in the store, and if you've unhidden everything and they aren't showing for re-downloading (Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support), contact iTunes Support and see if they can confirm if they are still in the store and if they are whether they can help you re-download them.

Or, and if you no longer have copies of them on your computer or on an iOS device or iPod, copy them back from your backup of your downloads/computer.

When I go into iTunes there is no “play” next to the music

For purchases that are still in the store they will only show 'play' if they are downloaded onto the device/computer. If they aren't downloaded, and if they aren't hidden, you would see 'Purchased' instead.

May 1, 2018 6:18 AM in response to crystalfrominverness

You are sure that the versions of the tracks that you bought are still in the store ? If the content provider has removed them you won't be able to redownload them, nor if you've moved countries since buying them.

You can see in the last 90 days my purchases

No we can't, we are fellow users, we don't have any access to anything about your account.

Cannot locate purchased music!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.