Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone screen turn off

When I put my finger over my camera or that bar on top of the screen it goes black but then when i take it off it goes back to normal

Posted on May 2, 2018 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2018 2:48 AM

It should act only during phone calls.

If you don't have a case and/or a screen protector that can obstruct (interfere with) the proximity sensor (should be this case try to remove them, then restart your iPhone), I would suggest that you have your device inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will give you all the available options. See this list:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2018 2:48 AM in response to Abguerrero7

It should act only during phone calls.

If you don't have a case and/or a screen protector that can obstruct (interfere with) the proximity sensor (should be this case try to remove them, then restart your iPhone), I would suggest that you have your device inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They will give you all the available options. See this list:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Jun 19, 2018 5:34 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I’m having problems with my screen. Every time I put my finger close to the bar above the screen or the camera the screen turns off, not only when I’m on the phone but also when I’m playing a video game or just my screen is on and I put my finger close to the camera or the bar it turns off. It doesn’t let me play games because the screen turns off when I put my hands on it or a twist the phone to the side and I don’t know why

Why does my iPhone screen turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.