Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator 2 - 0x204 (516) & 0x2BD (701) errors

Since two weeks or so we get the following error when trying to Update iOS devices with Apple Configurator 2

ConfigurationUtilityKit.error 0x2BD (701)

It says the iOS-Image is not valid.

You can "skip" this message and try an update again. The files are being downloaded but then we get an error with

NSCocoaErrorDomain – 0x204 (516)

This error says some files can't be moved to ACUDownloadFileOperation and the hint to move or rename the file. But even when you delete this file you get stuck at the same error.

We are using a MacMini for caching software. We already deleted the whole content from AssetCache folder on the MacMini but nothing changes the problem. It seems like an issue on Apple Servers.

Can someone confirm same problems or does anyone have an advice what there is left to do?

All Software is up to date!

Posted on May 2, 2018 7:24 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 2, 2018 8:06 AM in response to beks6

We are having this issue as well. We tried two different MacBooks with fresh installs of AC2, that did not work. That leads me to believe it's either iOS related or the update services from Apple communicating with AC2.

We also completely uninstalled AC2 from the MacBook via Applications folder & ~/Library/"anything regarding AC2". That did not work. I was able to get our technician to down a new ipsw from https://ipsw.me/, and they drag and drop the ipsw download on top of the iPad in AC2 and that worked. But anytime they run "restore" or "update" it fails while "downloading" the iOS update. I replaced the existing ipsw in the AC2 downloads & firmware folder in the ~/Library/.... area and that did not work. The only working solution is drag and drop from a non Apple update service.

Apple Configurator 2 - 0x204 (516) & 0x2BD (701) errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.