Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is an unknown person who has added me to their family shared purchases. I cannot change my payment method now, how do I remove myself from family sharing and report this security issue?

unknown family organizer

Posted on May 3, 2018 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2018 5:27 PM

See Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support. If you cannot do it yourself use the contact support link at the bottom of the page and ask for assistance.

tt2

4 replies

Jun 6, 2018 2:09 PM in response to Timmy1994.

Apple support is very familiar with this situation. US customers call 1-800-275-2273

Apple picked up on the first ring and walked me through the remedy. A senior customer support person will have to manually disconnect the user from the "mystery family." They'll want you to reset your password and enable two factor authentication. This is a very easy fix. Allow yourself 15 minutes to complete the call with Apple.

There is an unknown person who has added me to their family shared purchases. I cannot change my payment method now, how do I remove myself from family sharing and report this security issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.