Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memes/ gifs missing for text messages. Any help out there?

I used to be able to tap an icon to the left of my text box and type in words that brought up a gif. It’s gone on my iPhone 8 and im left with apps I don’t want there☹Any help out there?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 3, 2018 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2018 1:50 PM

Hello Mackecy1,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to find the option to send GIFs in the Messages app on your iPhone. To help with this issue, please force close the Messages app and restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then follow these steps:

If #images is missing from app drawer

Make sure that the #images app is enabled:

1. Tap User uploaded file to open the app drawer. Swipe left on the app drawer then tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap User uploaded file to add the #images app.

Make sure that your keyboard is set to a supported language and region. Go to Settings > General > Language & Region.

The #images app is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Singapore, Philippines, and Japan.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2018 1:50 PM in response to Mackecy1

Hello Mackecy1,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to find the option to send GIFs in the Messages app on your iPhone. To help with this issue, please force close the Messages app and restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then follow these steps:

If #images is missing from app drawer

Make sure that the #images app is enabled:

1. Tap User uploaded file to open the app drawer. Swipe left on the app drawer then tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap User uploaded file to add the #images app.

Make sure that your keyboard is set to a supported language and region. Go to Settings > General > Language & Region.

The #images app is available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Singapore, Philippines, and Japan.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ​
Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

Memes/ gifs missing for text messages. Any help out there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.