Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tones option

User uploaded fileI don't find any selection box for tones in my edit > preferences.
What to do now?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on May 4, 2018 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2018 10:57 AM

Really? I've tried watching video tutorials. They all have inane background music, I lose interest before I can find the information I actually need, and when there are crucial steps it is a bore to have to keep rewinding over them.

Tone management features were removed from iTunes 12.7 and subsequent builds. You just drag and drop to the connected device where it appears in the iTunes sidebar. If that doesn't work for you the user tip suggests some alternative approaches. In some cases you may also need to remove existing tones on a device before you can add or use new ones. Worst case scenario is that you need to use a third party app to remove the old tones first.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2018 10:57 AM in response to shakayb

Really? I've tried watching video tutorials. They all have inane background music, I lose interest before I can find the information I actually need, and when there are crucial steps it is a bore to have to keep rewinding over them.

Tone management features were removed from iTunes 12.7 and subsequent builds. You just drag and drop to the connected device where it appears in the iTunes sidebar. If that doesn't work for you the user tip suggests some alternative approaches. In some cases you may also need to remove existing tones on a device before you can add or use new ones. Worst case scenario is that you need to use a third party app to remove the old tones first.

tt2

Tones option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.