Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FLAC Support :)

I'm extremely pleased that over the last few weeks I finally got round to upgrading all our Macs to HS. I knew FLAC was now supported, and was really looking forward to it. I noticed, however, that the codec being used seems very basic and cannot pull out metadata either in quick look or QuickTime (such as artist, album, cover etc).

Are there any plans to improve to the functionality of this and to have support in iTunes? It seems a shame to come this far after YEARS of having no FLAC support on the Mac, and then only have a very limited codec. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining - I can play FLAC natively on my Mac/iPhone for the first time ever - I'm just wondering if I'll be able to see artwork and metadata soon. 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2018 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2018 3:31 PM

As we are fellow users, Apple does not share future product plans with us either, and the terms of this site discourage speculation.

Apple leadership and product teams neither read, nor participate in these community discussions.

You can provide feedback to the iPhone product team, but do not expect an answer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2018 3:31 PM in response to ellnic

As we are fellow users, Apple does not share future product plans with us either, and the terms of this site discourage speculation.

Apple leadership and product teams neither read, nor participate in these community discussions.

You can provide feedback to the iPhone product team, but do not expect an answer.

FLAC Support :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.