Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically Scaling Pictures to Fit Keynote Slide

Does anyone know there is a simple way for keynote to automatically fit screen captured pictures that I paste into a keynote slide. I do this typically 10x per day and it is cumbersome and time consuming to adjust the pictures. I have already spent hundreds of hours doing this over the years. Note: When I paste the screenshot currently, it is larger then the slide itself - so I first reduce it and adj.

iMac, iOS 11.1.1

Posted on May 4, 2018 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2018 4:53 AM

Either create images that are the same dimensions as the slide size, or set the slide size to match the images, if you are using many different image sizes, you will need to adjust each image on the slide manually:

1. set the slide size in; Inspector > Document > Document; in the Slide Size dropdown menu, select custom and enter the size of the images that will be used
  2. Keynote > Preferences > General and select the option for; Scale placed images to fit on slide
  3. drag and drop the images on to the Navigator (the panel to the left of the slide canvas)
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2018 4:53 AM in response to seanfrombluebell

Either create images that are the same dimensions as the slide size, or set the slide size to match the images, if you are using many different image sizes, you will need to adjust each image on the slide manually:

1. set the slide size in; Inspector > Document > Document; in the Slide Size dropdown menu, select custom and enter the size of the images that will be used
  2. Keynote > Preferences > General and select the option for; Scale placed images to fit on slide
  3. drag and drop the images on to the Navigator (the panel to the left of the slide canvas)

Automatically Scaling Pictures to Fit Keynote Slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.