Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac has no admin account, i tried following self help options online but still couldn't get through the problem, any one with solutions to this

My macbook pro has no admin account, i tried following self help options online but still couldn't get through the problem, any one with solutions to this

Posted on May 10, 2018 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2018 1:47 AM

Adding an admin account when you only have a standard account is difficult. You can check out these links, but it might be easier to first clone your drive then erase and reinstall macOS from Recovery Drive.

No admin account on High Sierra

macos - I don't have administrator account on my mac - Ask Different

In the future, it's always a good idea to add a second account as admin just in case something happens to your default admin account. You can use it for testing if needed. Use a good password and not "admin". 🙂

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2018 1:47 AM in response to mayega

Adding an admin account when you only have a standard account is difficult. You can check out these links, but it might be easier to first clone your drive then erase and reinstall macOS from Recovery Drive.

No admin account on High Sierra

macos - I don't have administrator account on my mac - Ask Different

In the future, it's always a good idea to add a second account as admin just in case something happens to your default admin account. You can use it for testing if needed. Use a good password and not "admin". 🙂

My mac has no admin account, i tried following self help options online but still couldn't get through the problem, any one with solutions to this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.