Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you blur out faces in Macbook photos?

I have a blog for teachers, and want to share many photos of the projects my students did, but I need to obscure their faces. I know I can use the retouch paintbrush feature, that takes the face out completely. Is there a way to just blur out the face like they do on the news? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 10, 2018 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2018 6:34 PM

The Retouch tool will blur the face, if you just drag it across the eyes and the mouth.

Photos does not have another tool to blur out selected regions.

You could use the Markup photo editing extension to draw a black rectangle across the eyes or similar.

Markup is available in Photos 2.0 on Sierra or newer. Which version of Photos do you have?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2018 6:34 PM in response to Lit Jan

The Retouch tool will blur the face, if you just drag it across the eyes and the mouth.

Photos does not have another tool to blur out selected regions.

You could use the Markup photo editing extension to draw a black rectangle across the eyes or similar.

Markup is available in Photos 2.0 on Sierra or newer. Which version of Photos do you have?

How can you blur out faces in Macbook photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.