Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp drain battery very very fast!

Hi,

My iPhone 6 recently draining battery very very fast. I’m using iOS 11.3.1.

After checking battery status in setting, I found that “WhatsApp” app is the battery killer.

User uploaded file

As the picture above, you can find that WhatsApp using 42% battery usage.

I get my phone full charge in the morning and left home around 9am.

Within 1 hour, my phone battery only left 15%.

This happen occasionally around 2 times a week. Starting 2-3 weeks ago.

User uploaded file

I’d tried turn off the background app refresh, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp app, turned off WiFi Networking, reset Network setting, turned off Wifi Assist, restart my device & etc. But the problem still remains.

Anyone can help? Please..

By the way, my iPhone battery health is in maximum capacity 89%.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 12, 2018 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 6:31 AM

I had the same problem, I found that it is the icloud bakcup. Although I had the chat backup of the whatsapp disabled, I was constantly trying to background.
While you have active the icloud backup and have no space will continue trying.

Similar questions

8 replies

May 12, 2018 8:52 PM in response to kurtzchong

Not sure why you think this is a problem.

The last screenshot shows you used WhatsApp onscreen for almost 2 hours and and an hour in the background.

If your battery health is 89%, your battery is not new and is on its way to being depleted from regular use. Good health is 80%, so you are mathematically almost halfway to depletion.

Jun 27, 2018 12:17 AM in response to kurtzchong

I am experiencing the same problem. It started a few weeks ago, that I noticed drastic loss of standby time. For example last night I had the phone fully charged before going to bed. This morning, even in flight safe mode it went down to 10 % on my not even 2 year old 6s. Battery status showed me 62% were used by WhatsApp. And I did not use WhatsApp during my sleep at all. ;) I think this started with the last iOS update.

Whatsapp drain battery very very fast!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.