Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 not showing names and numbers

Hello,

I recently got an Apple Watch 3 Cellular. I've discovered when the watch is on cellular and not connected to the iPhone and someone calls it just says "Unknown Caller" or "No Called ID". If i don't answer it then when it pops up saying i missed a call it knows who was calling. - I did notice on my iPhone on the Recents Log it shows the name/number of who was calling and at the same time it shows a second missed call from "Unknown Caller".

I tried going into the Watch App on the iPhone and "Reseting Sync Data". But that didn't help. It's almost like the call information wasn't sent to the Apple Watch.

I checked my Verizon Wireless account setting for the watch and everything looked from what i could tell ok.

Anyone else having or had this issue? Suggestions?

Thanks

Posted on May 13, 2018 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2018 7:10 PM

It took me four days and exchanging my Apple Watch before I found the answer. I called Verizon again and spoke with a tech named Alex she discovered that the apple watches number didn’t have the caller Id turned on. Once she turned the feature on it worked perfect and now I know who’s calling. Thanks again Alex.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2018 7:10 PM in response to jefferyfromnorthridge

It took me four days and exchanging my Apple Watch before I found the answer. I called Verizon again and spoke with a tech named Alex she discovered that the apple watches number didn’t have the caller Id turned on. Once she turned the feature on it worked perfect and now I know who’s calling. Thanks again Alex.

Apple Watch 3 not showing names and numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.