Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error BSOD Screen Windows 10 1809 Update

I've been running BootCamp Windows 10 version 1709 for months, Windows is trying to update to the new "April Update" version 1803, and it stucks at 43% with BSOD. Once with CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, and once with WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR.

Has anyone successfully gotten Win10 version 1803 to install on their 2017 MacBook Pro yet?

Is it related with Bootcamp drivers?

How can I get help ?

Thank you

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, Windows 10

Posted on May 16, 2018 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 5:33 PM

From Use an external graphics processor with your Mac - Apple Support,

Also note that macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 doesn't support eGPUs in Windows using Boot Camp or when your Mac is in macOS Recovery or installing system updates.
5 replies

Jun 25, 2018 1:54 PM in response to Invincible1980

I have been 'successful' in updating to Windows 10 version 1803 with an external GPU (display is connected to the Radeon 580 external GPU). The problem is that this version of Windows shuts off my MacBook Pro's built-in Radeon Pro 560 display driver as it says there is a problem (error 43). I deleted the driver (in the Windows Device Manager), scanned for new hardware, it installed the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (instead of the Radeon Pro 560 Driver) and this Basic Display Adapter was also stopped due to error 43. If the external GPU is not connected, the laptop screen is black.

To get to 1803 'success' I went through at least 2 combined Windows 10 version 1709 updates (Knowledge Base numbers were only about 3 different from each other) and another driver update.

This would appear to me that, even Microsoft's canned, basic adapters don't work on this, it is not necessarily a bootcamp-specific problem but a Microsoft 1803 problem. Stay at 1709, 1803 is not ready for prime time. If you have upgraded & everything works fine, fine. Otherwise, rollback to 1709.

Jun 25, 2018 4:34 PM in response to Loner T

Tried bootcampdrivers.com 18.5.2 and got rid of error 43 - but Windows could not detect multiple displays when eGPU (Radeon RX 580) was connected. The external monitor was used (connected to the RX 580) but the MacBook Pro built-in display was not detected by Windows - though there were no indications in Device Manager that there was any issue with the Radeon Pro 560. When eGPU was disconnected & external display was connected via Thunderbolt adapter, it worked fine with both screens (Radeon Pro 560 driver). Also needed to do a restart due to PCI Bus... wierd.

Error BSOD Screen Windows 10 1809 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.