Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cropping - i can't move the edges anymore

Hi,

When I try to crop a photo now, i can't move the sides. I used to just move the top and the two sides in our out to crop the picture. Sometimes, it still works, but now, 90% of the the time, it does not. I can't seem to catch them or select the sides to move them. I can pinch the picture, but this moves both sides and sometime, I just want to move one side.

Thanks,

Joey

iPhone 7

Posted on May 17, 2018 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2018 5:31 AM

Hey, Joe Thomas3.

It appears that you're unable to crop most of the photos in the Photos application on your iPhone 7. I'm happy to help.

iCloud Photo Library -- If you've been using iCloud Photo Library to sync your photos between devices, make sure it's still turned on.

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If iCloud Photo Library hasn't ever been used or it was already turned on, restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2018 5:31 AM in response to Joe Thomas3

Hey, Joe Thomas3.

It appears that you're unable to crop most of the photos in the Photos application on your iPhone 7. I'm happy to help.

iCloud Photo Library -- If you've been using iCloud Photo Library to sync your photos between devices, make sure it's still turned on.

Turn on iCloud Photo Library

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If iCloud Photo Library hasn't ever been used or it was already turned on, restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, test the issue.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Even though the title of the article isn't specific to your issue, the section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall the iOS software on your device. Test the issue once again.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

cropping - i can't move the edges anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.