Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal for the ear speaker used to make calls and the two main bottom speakers to play sounds all together when playing somgs or its supposed to be the bottom speakers alone. please my iphone 8 plus does this. Help me 🙏

Is it normal for the ear speaker used to make calls and the two main bottom speakers to play sounds all together when playing somgs or its supposed to be the bottom speakers alone. please my iphone 8 plus does this. Help me 🙏

Posted on May 18, 2018 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2018 2:19 AM

Only one of the bottom openings is a speaker, the other is a microphone. And, yes, it's normal that the ear speaker and the bottom speaker work together. To achieve stereo sound, the earpiece speaker is amplified (starting from iPhone 7).

4 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.