Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i make a purchase that a family sharing member previously purchased, do i get charged for my purchase?

Family sharing

Posted on May 20, 2018 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2018 10:52 PM

If you buy it on your account yes, if you want to download something that another member has bought you have to select their id in the Purchased section in the relevant store app and redownload it from there, not buy it from the store on your account : Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2018 10:52 PM in response to BradS360

If you buy it on your account yes, if you want to download something that another member has bought you have to select their id in the Purchased section in the relevant store app and redownload it from there, not buy it from the store on your account : Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

if i make a purchase that a family sharing member previously purchased, do i get charged for my purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.