Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving Photo folders

How can I maintain my organization of photos when saving from my MacBook to a cd or thumb drive?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 22, 2018 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2018 10:17 AM

think about how it works - the order files are viewed in is set by the viewing program not the originating program - the same set of files can be viewed in many different sort orders - so you have to set it up so one of the available sort orders shows what you want - - for photos often that is exporting photos with a sequential number in the file name so you can view them in an alpha sort

User uploaded file

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2018 10:17 AM in response to mamalinnaea

think about how it works - the order files are viewed in is set by the viewing program not the originating program - the same set of files can be viewed in many different sort orders - so you have to set it up so one of the available sort orders shows what you want - - for photos often that is exporting photos with a sequential number in the file name so you can view them in an alpha sort

User uploaded file

LN

saving Photo folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.