Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bounce not completing..

When I try to bounce a master candidate it will not complete the bounce and has to be force quit.

Any one else having or had this problem?

Select bounce

Set the cycle to the full length of the song.

PCM setting with Real time, Bounce 2nd time pass, include audio tail, overhead protection only..

After second realtime pass it goes silent and just keeps looping around and will not stop.. force quit is the only way to stop it..

Could one of the plug ins be stopping it complete perhaps?

Any help is appreciated and the client is waiting :/

Logic Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on May 22, 2018 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2018 12:50 PM

I have always done the real time bounce and read some where it was a better way to do it and not really had any issues with it before.. Does the offline bounce do exactly the same thing and in quality?

Anyway, I fixed this by deselecting include audio tail and its done the bounce fine now..

Your right that the online bounce might have caused this and will look into it..

Many thanks for getting back to me.. might even get paid for this - I wish 🙂

Thank you..

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2018 12:50 PM in response to Eriksimon

I have always done the real time bounce and read some where it was a better way to do it and not really had any issues with it before.. Does the offline bounce do exactly the same thing and in quality?

Anyway, I fixed this by deselecting include audio tail and its done the bounce fine now..

Your right that the online bounce might have caused this and will look into it..

Many thanks for getting back to me.. might even get paid for this - I wish 🙂

Thank you..

May 22, 2018 12:44 PM in response to JagMan13

Why do you bounce realtime? That is only needed when there's MIDI hardware involved. Realtime bouncing is fraught with issues, and can deliver a lower quality file, or even a hang, especially when the project overloads.

Bounce offline. If you do have external MIDI gear, record those tracks to audio first.

Leave overload protection off. Just make sure that your main stereo output never goes over 0.

Bounce not completing..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.