Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand files import with varying volume levels

I record large multitrack projects on GarageBand (both kinds, 6.05 and 10) and strive to get a consistent output level for all of them. But when I export to iTunes there are sometimes huge discrepancies between them in volume. If I reduce the overall level in GB of a given track and re-export it, I find it comes out with the same (undesired) level in iTunes anyway. I have assumed for years that this is an artifact of whatever normalizing process iTunes uses, but I can't find any way to override that. It's quite frustrating---there's no way to get an album's worth of tunes to come out with consistent volume levels. Any help here?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on May 23, 2018 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2018 8:46 AM

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having volume issues when sharing projects from GarageBand to iTunes. To help with this issue, try exporting songs to your desktop and then import to iTunes, and also check settings in GarageBand and iTunes like Auto Normalize, Sound Enhancer and Sound Check that could affect volume.

Export songs to disk - GarageBand Help
Advanced preferences - GarageBand Help
Playback preferences - iTunes Help

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2018 8:46 AM in response to Dennis Castanares

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having volume issues when sharing projects from GarageBand to iTunes. To help with this issue, try exporting songs to your desktop and then import to iTunes, and also check settings in GarageBand and iTunes like Auto Normalize, Sound Enhancer and Sound Check that could affect volume.

Export songs to disk - GarageBand Help
Advanced preferences - GarageBand Help
Playback preferences - iTunes Help

Cheers!

GarageBand files import with varying volume levels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.