Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband to Itunes Export Issues

I use a Focusrite to record mono audio tracks in garageband and keep the volume balanced. Any time I export my garageband track into Itunes the audio primarily comes out of the left side and is extremely faint on the right. I've tested my headphones and that's not the issue. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 21, 2018 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2018 3:20 PM

Hi, Sounds frustrating. Have you tried looking at the "Audio/MIDI setup" utility in you systems utilities folder? Sometimes these sliders get unbalanced and I think it can cause the type of problem you are having. BTW, if you double click it and the window doesn't open look at the menu bar (top, left of screen) and it should say "Audio MIDI Setup". Under "Window" choose "show audio devices".

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2018 3:20 PM in response to lena131

Hi, Sounds frustrating. Have you tried looking at the "Audio/MIDI setup" utility in you systems utilities folder? Sometimes these sliders get unbalanced and I think it can cause the type of problem you are having. BTW, if you double click it and the window doesn't open look at the menu bar (top, left of screen) and it should say "Audio MIDI Setup". Under "Window" choose "show audio devices".

Garageband to Itunes Export Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.