Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 6th Gen Video and Sound out of Sync

I recently purchased the 6th Gen IPad 128GB in order to record some of our board meetings at work. To my surprise, every video I have recorded so far the sound and video are out of sync. I have tried to research possible reasons as to why this is happening but so far I have been unable to find any solutions to this problem.

I am begining to come to the conclusion that the IPad simply may be broke. Any advice or if anyone is experiencing the same problems it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 23, 2018 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 11:42 PM

So I‘m not sure if this is the same issue but a little while ago I was watching some videos on my 5th gen ipad and all the sudden the audio of every single video I played was out of sync. Netflix, YouTube, streaming from Chrrome, Epix, HBO, EVERYTHING! It was driving me absolutely nuts because it started out of no where and when I went to check my iphone there were no issues at all. I spent the last three hours scouring the internet trying to figure out what i did an how to fix it. Nothing that I read helped at all, in fact I FIXED the issue by ACCIDENT!

To be honest, I still have no clue what caused it but before I gave in and completely erased and rest my entire ipad I for some reason thought it could be the network. Earlier today there was a HUGE Comcast internet outage so I opened my settings and went from the 5.0 channel to the 2.4 and BOOM, everything was back to normal.

Like I said, not sure if we were experiencnight the same issues but this was the first post that I red while trying to fix mine and I NEVER post on forums but I thought that maybe, just maybe, it might help one of you guys out and if so then it was worth it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2018 11:42 PM in response to rgam966

So I‘m not sure if this is the same issue but a little while ago I was watching some videos on my 5th gen ipad and all the sudden the audio of every single video I played was out of sync. Netflix, YouTube, streaming from Chrrome, Epix, HBO, EVERYTHING! It was driving me absolutely nuts because it started out of no where and when I went to check my iphone there were no issues at all. I spent the last three hours scouring the internet trying to figure out what i did an how to fix it. Nothing that I read helped at all, in fact I FIXED the issue by ACCIDENT!

To be honest, I still have no clue what caused it but before I gave in and completely erased and rest my entire ipad I for some reason thought it could be the network. Earlier today there was a HUGE Comcast internet outage so I opened my settings and went from the 5.0 channel to the 2.4 and BOOM, everything was back to normal.

Like I said, not sure if we were experiencnight the same issues but this was the first post that I red while trying to fix mine and I NEVER post on forums but I thought that maybe, just maybe, it might help one of you guys out and if so then it was worth it.

May 24, 2018 2:08 PM in response to rgam966

Hey rgam966,

I make sure I get the high storage iOS devices so I can keep important videos. I'd be happy to look into why this is happening with your video and sound.

To be able to troubleshoot the right issue, I'd like to have you answer some questions that can help isolate this for me:
  1. Does this happen in the native Camera app on the iPhone?
  2. Does this happen on all videos?
  3. Does this happen with the sound on videos within apps that you haven't taken yourself?
Let me know and we'll go from there!

May 24, 2018 2:21 PM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling,

Thank you for getting in contact with me in regards to this issue, I have answered your questions below:

1) I play the videos through the Ipad Apple camera app and photos app and the videos are out of sync with sound, this also happens when I download the videos to a PC.

2) All videos seem to have some delay with sound, this is both at 720p and 1080p.

3) Playing videos through youtube, everything works fine.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Ryan

Ipad 6th Gen Video and Sound out of Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.