You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone messages in green and blue

SMS text messages are green and iMessages are blue so can someone please tell me when I am communicating from my iPhone 7 to another iPhone 7 sometimes the messages go and come back as blue but other times they are green. When they are green they are almost always sent twice. Can this be stopped and does it matter whether I send them at home via WiFi or Mobile Data. Most of the time I have both switched on - should I switch one of them off to ensure the message goes as an iMessage or is there some setting that will fix this?

Thanks to anyone with a permanent fix to this !

Craig

iMac

Posted on May 24, 2018 3:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2018 4:21 AM

Sometimes iMessage is unavailable in which case it is sent as an SMS. This usually happens to me when the person I am texting has no service.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone messages in green and blue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.