Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come iCloud use all space of my MacBook Pro

im not sure how icloud work but many of my photo and my video gone

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:01 AM

Hi Monita99, maybe you have a storage optimization option turned on. I'm now explaining you have to change your Photos' storage setting.

On your Mac:

1. Open the Photos app and click Photos in the menu bar.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Go to the iCloud tab and choose a storage setting.

If you turn on Optimize Storage, iCloud Photo Library automatically manages the size of your library on your device. Your original photos and videos are stored in iCloud and space-saving versions are kept on your device. Your library is optimized only when you need space, starting with the photos and videos you access least. You can download the original photos and videos over Wi-Fi or cellular when you need them. You can use Optimize Storage on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.

If it doesn't help, please login on iCloud.com, where you're able to retrieve Photos which "disappeared" from your device: iCloud: Access your photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 7:01 AM in response to Monita99

Hi Monita99, maybe you have a storage optimization option turned on. I'm now explaining you have to change your Photos' storage setting.

On your Mac:

1. Open the Photos app and click Photos in the menu bar.
  2. Click Preferences.
  3. Go to the iCloud tab and choose a storage setting.

If you turn on Optimize Storage, iCloud Photo Library automatically manages the size of your library on your device. Your original photos and videos are stored in iCloud and space-saving versions are kept on your device. Your library is optimized only when you need space, starting with the photos and videos you access least. You can download the original photos and videos over Wi-Fi or cellular when you need them. You can use Optimize Storage on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.

If it doesn't help, please login on iCloud.com, where you're able to retrieve Photos which "disappeared" from your device: iCloud: Access your photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support

How come iCloud use all space of my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.