Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I am locked out of app store on my macbookpro. I can get on to app store with my ID and password on iphone but it wont work for my macbookpro. I was trying to download macoshighsierra weeks ago and it says its downloaded but it is not installed.

Macbookpro 10.9.5

Tried updating to high sierra

Cant sign on to app store but can on iphone

Posted on

May 25, 2018 6:00 AM in response to Irongirlter In response to Irongirlter

Not sure about being locked out of the App Store, but if you downloaded the High Sierra installer, it is either sitting there running in the background waiting for you to complete the installation, or it is in the Applications folder. Just open the Installer and follow the prompts to upgrade.

May 25, 2018 6:00 AM

Reply Helpful

May 25, 2018 9:42 AM in response to Irongirlter In response to Irongirlter

What happens when you try to log into the App Store? Error message(s)? More information would help.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

May 25, 2018 9:42 AM

Reply Helpful

May 25, 2018 5:29 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

I figured it out I was putting in the password and entering then trying to type in the number for two step. Instead I was suppose to type in password and number following it on the same page. Feel stupid but at least I figured that one out. I am now going to try to figure out downloading the high Sierra with the advice here bill keep you posted. Thanks

May 25, 2018 5:29 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Irongirlter

Question: I am locked out of app store on my macbookpro. I can get on to app store with my ID and password on iphone but it wont work for my macbookpro. I was trying to download macoshighsierra weeks ago and it says its downloaded but it is not installed.