Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch screen monitor

Does anyone have any information? I was looking at purchasing a Dell touch screen monitor SKU: S2240T but am was curious to know if the touch screen capabilities were compatible with a MacBook Pro. Essentially I am wanting to use this monitor as a second screen for a photobooth-this way clients can operate the photobooth themselves via the touch screen. Are there any touch screen monitors that would work in this situation? And what connections would I need in order to make this work?

Posted on May 25, 2018 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 11:14 AM

Whether its compatible with a Mac would be a question better asked of Dell though Apparently they do not test their products on Apple hardware.

I did find this thread that confirms the monitor actually works on a Mac, but that it may require some 3rd party drivers:

Solved: Dell S2240T – A Multitouch Monitor for Apple Mac OS X - Dell Community

As to what connections you would need, that will depend on the Mac you plan on connecting it to, and what video outputs it has. USB-C? HDMI? Mini Display Port? and what connections the monitor itself supports.

According to Dell's own manual, it appears to support HDMI, and a USB port for the touch functionalities.

So basically an HDMI cable, and a USB cable, both apparently supplied with the monitor.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_d isplay/dell-s2240t_user%27s%20guide_en-u…

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 11:14 AM in response to lawsoncn

Whether its compatible with a Mac would be a question better asked of Dell though Apparently they do not test their products on Apple hardware.

I did find this thread that confirms the monitor actually works on a Mac, but that it may require some 3rd party drivers:

Solved: Dell S2240T – A Multitouch Monitor for Apple Mac OS X - Dell Community

As to what connections you would need, that will depend on the Mac you plan on connecting it to, and what video outputs it has. USB-C? HDMI? Mini Display Port? and what connections the monitor itself supports.

According to Dell's own manual, it appears to support HDMI, and a USB port for the touch functionalities.

So basically an HDMI cable, and a USB cable, both apparently supplied with the monitor.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_d isplay/dell-s2240t_user%27s%20guide_en-u…

touch screen monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.